If you have been feeling bogged down with a couple of your buddies lately, it is time to say enough is enough. We have all had some friends who just were not pulling their weight. Whether they are making you feel awful, giving you the runaround or playing hard to get, poor friendships could be poisonous.
1. Perhaps her car broke down or her alarm clock did not go off, so she is going to be late for supper. But after a few free passes, it can be annoying and stressful to await a friend again and again, only to get her cancel out on you. Worst of all, if your buddy is making it very clear that she is canceling out on you for different people or friends, it is a clear warning sign that you are not a significant part of her life, and it is time to ditch her.
2. It’s not tricky to see a liar, but it can be tough to get them from your life. If your friend doesn’t have any trouble lying about her daily life or her other friends, she’s no difficulty making up stories about you. If you’re caught in the midst of one too many small white lies, it might be time for you to inform your lying buddy to hit the street.
3. The Critic: If you’re a creative type, having supportive friendships should be significant to you. The last thing you need is to be strutting your stuff down the road in a brand new outfit and have your buddy laugh and point at you. Unfortunately, some people will attempt to decrease their buddies down for trying new and different items. Most likely, your friend is most likely insecure about herself and is hoping to bring you down to the level she’s comfortable with. It is unfair, but to have a buddy that’s holding you down. Address the issue and inform your friend that it is your way or the highway.
4. The Sad Sack: It is okay for the friend to have a bad day once in a while, but when her bad moods are outweighing her great ones, your friendship could be poisonous. The best friendships exist when both spouses are permitted to vent and discuss their issues, if all of your friend is doing is complaining, it likely isn’t a wholesome friendship for one to exist in. Ask your friend if she feels sad and explain that you’re concerned about her. If she explains that she’s depressed, get outside help for your friend whenever possible. If she’s not miserable and this is simply her sad-sack character, get her out of your life.
5. The Anxiety Case: If it is the day before a test or a significant review on the job, it is perfectly healthy for your buddy to be stressed out. If you leave get-togethers with your friend feeling more stressed out than when you have there, you want to deal with this matter with your friend. But if her lifestyle is one of strain and frazzle, it is better to steer clear of her life completely.